Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Winter Weather, Dear

Hello Friends!
 
Due to some expected winter weather and some unexpected premature labor contractions, I have the day off.

 
 
I really should be packing for our official move next week (Our First Home!) but instead I'm planning to soak up magazines for decor ideas, eat a dry muffin with some delicious Godiva Hot Chocolate- and watch some I Love Lucy via Hulu.



 
When you were able to decorate your first place- did you know immediately how you wanted to style every room?
There are so many colors & patterns out there that I'm having a hard time making up my mind! 
Thankfully though, Pinterest has been amazing for giving me some solid ideas.
 
I want to walk into our Home & feel peaceful.
Everything from the scent to the colors needs to be calming.
Blues, Grays & Yellows- Romance :)

6 comments:

The Braided Bandit said...

Sounds like such a nice, relaxing way to spend the day! I still live in a house with roommates, so the only room I really have to decorate is my bedroom. That said, I definitely have a case of design fever right now! The design sponge blog is the best for inspiration! Have a great day!
xo Hannah
thebraidedbandit.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

How very, very fun to decorate a home! Design Sponge & Young House Love are some good sources if you need more inspiration.

Jane said...

Hope you enjoyed your day off :-)

k said...

relaxing is way more fun anyway!

Becky | Apples of Gold said...

Blues, grays and yellows bring to mind the ocean, the seashore, and lighthouses. Sounds pretty peaceful to me! =)
I had all kinds of ideas when I moved into my official first place with my husband, but unfortunately my decor dreams have yet to come true. I've only been able to accomplish a little here and there. Someday it'll all fall into place!
Enjoy your dreaming and researching! =)

Unknown said...

Ohhh magazines. What a lovely set too! I can't wait to see what you do with your new home.