Monday, April 30, 2012

Eat a Hot Dog

My Husband's Grandmother is living in a Nursing Home currently and we went to visit her yesterday. Generally we have a good time with her, mostly chatting about animals- which is more than fine with me!  However, when we visited her yesterday she was basically uncommunicative.  She had a bad night and was exhausted.  Upon leaving, Kyle was especially upset in seeing his "Grammie" in this condition, although the Nurse assured us she was just tired.

On our way out, another resident relaxing in her wheelchair called out, "Hey there young man and young people!  Time to go!  Eat a hot dog.  Enjoy life."  And then she wheeled away.

It immediately struck me as one of those sweet moments in life where it seems like God smacks you in the face with a 2x4 and says..."Enjoy this life I've given you!" 
I was in a great mood the rest of the day being reminded that life truly is short. And we need to make the most out of it- in the best way




Until next time, eat a hot dog :)


2 comments:

Rachel said...

How sweet! I adore older people, they have so much wisdom to share :)

Lindsay // Vineyard Loveknots said...

Hilarious!!