Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Crave

Have you seen the movie Julie & Julia?

I have to say I've watched it 5 or 6 times in the past several Months. And I have to confess that- A) I have yet to watch it start to finish and B) I generally watch it for the sole "bruschetta" scene, as I've dubbed it.



Julie is discussing with her Husband what she could blog about, should she begin one. And as she's talking about it- she's mindlessly frying bread and cutting tomatoes.  Next scene, they're sitting down to dinner enjoying this divine display of tomato fruit :)
Crunch.
"This is reallllyyyy good." He says.
She agrees.
I agree.

So, without having a particular recipe, I decide to try my hand at bruschetta.  Because well, what's a craving worth if you don't give into it, right? :)


I used:  
*A Loaf of Italian Bread
*Fresh Basil
*A Variety of Tomatoes
*Olive Oil
*Parmesan Cheese
*Balsamic Vinegar

First, I sliced all of the tomatoes.  I made it rather chunky- it's all about preference.  Then I chopped the basil, adding it to the tomato mix. Drizzle olive oil and balsamic vinegar to taste.




Then, I coated each piece of bread with a small amount of olive oil and fried them over medium heat until I thought they were crisp enough.



Put the tomato mixture over the fried bread, sprinkle each piece with some Parm....and done!




*My Husband rating was an 8 out of 10.  He said, "Less tomatoes, more cheese."


              Until next time, try your hand at a new recipe.





6 comments:

Karlita said...

Hahaa men always want more fat! They look delicious!

Introverted Art said...

This movie is adorable and I will have to disagree with your hubby : I LOVE tomatoes!

Gloria said...

This is one of my favorite simple dishes :-) My mouth is watering now - yum!

Jenny said...

That movie was great and bruschetta is the best! It's always my go-to appetizer for guests :)

Annemarie said...

I love that movie as well! Your recipes look amazing!

Katie Blacker said...

sooo goood. I will have to try!